There is no trophy like it in sports. Tampa Bay won the only game of this year's regular season series. Petersburg Times/Tampa Bay Times/TNS.
Montreal won game five by a score of 5–1, scoring three third period goals to break open a close game. The 16 qualified teams, eight from each conference, played best-of-seven games for Conference Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Finals. The Flames tied the 1987 Philadelphia Flyers for the most games played (26) in one playoff year (later matched by the 2014 Los Angeles Kings, 2015 Tampa Bay Lightning and 2019 St. Louis Blues). The 2003 Stanley Cup Finals was the championship series of the National Hockey League's (NHL) 2002–03 season, and the culmination of the 2003 Stanley Cup playoffs.The second-seeded Eastern Conference champion New Jersey Devils defeated the seventh-seeded Western Conference champion Mighty Ducks of Anaheim in seven games and were awarded the Stanley Cup.

Diana: I have chills just watching them bring out the Cup. Dave Andreychuk began the game with a record 634 career goals without a Stanley Cup Finals appearance. You can catch the game again Sunday morning at 9:30. 2004 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Summary Previous Year Next Year. The Devils hired Chris Taylor as an assistant coach and Dave Rogalski as goaltending coach, completing the staff of head coach Lindy Ruff. GP = Games Played; W = Wins; L = Losses; SA = Shots Against; GA = Goals Against; GAA = Goals Against Average; TOI = Time On Ice (minutes:seconds); Sv% = Save Percentage; SO = Shutouts, (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (8) New York Islanders, (2) Boston Bruins vs. (7) Montreal Canadiens, (3) Philadelphia Flyers vs. (6) New Jersey Devils, (4) Toronto Maple Leafs vs. (5) Ottawa Senators, (1) Detroit Red Wings vs. (8) Nashville Predators, (2) San Jose Sharks vs. (7) St. Louis Blues, (3) Vancouver Canucks vs. (6) Calgary Flames, (4) Colorado Avalanche vs. (5) Dallas Stars, (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (7) Montreal Canadiens, (3) Philadelphia Flyers vs. (4) Toronto Maple Leafs, (1) Detroit Red Wings vs. (6) Calgary Flames, (2) San Jose Sharks vs. (4) Colorado Avalanche, (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (3) Philadelphia Flyers, (2) San Jose Sharks vs. (6) Calgary Flames, Learn how and when to remove this template message, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=2004_Stanley_Cup_playoffs&oldid=984874736, Articles needing additional references from December 2009, All articles needing additional references, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.

The 2004 Stanley Cup playoffs for the National Hockey League began on April 7, 2004, following the 2003–04 regular season. The Mighty Ducks, however, wouldn't leave empty-handed; for his stellar play throughout the playoffs and Finals, goaltender Jean-Sebastien Giguere was awarded the Conn Smythe Trophy as the most valuable player (MVP) of the playoffs. They last met in the 2002 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, where Montreal won in six games. Mari: Khabibulin wiping out like that in the crease reminds me of an Andrei Vasilevskiy-like save. We were, beaten by a great team," Flames coach Darryl Sutter said. This was the last time until 2019 that both Southern California teams, the Los Angeles Kings and Anaheim Ducks, missed the playoffs. Pistons lead the Lakers 1-0 in the NBA Finals. ... Tampa Bay is 14-2 when scoring first. So it wouldn’t even have occurred to us to turn this game on. Petersburg Times/Tampa Bay Times/TNS, © McDuffie, Dan/St. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. © NHL 2019. We, No doubt the Flames will relive for years the missed opportunity, in Game 6, when the Stanley Cup was in their building and an entire. The next night, in game four, saw a back-and-forth game that ultimately went to San Jose 4–3. They obviously wouldn’t change the result, but maybe for teams that don’t end up on the better half of the situation …. The Flyers defeated Toronto in six games. Mari: 1/4 ud83e 1/4 udd37 1/4 ud83c 1/4 udffb 1/4 u200d 1/4 u2640 1/4 ufe0f. The 2004 Stanley Cup playoffs for the National Hockey League began on April 7, 2004, following the 2003–04 regular season.The playoffs ended with the Tampa Bay Lightning winning the Stanley Cup with a seven-game series win over the Calgary Flames on June 7.

Goalie Nikolai Khabibulin makes a dramatic save in the first period around the 13-minute mark: a glove save on his right and a quick adjustment to the left post for a sprawl out. Miikka Kiprusoff shutout the Sharks in game five as the Flames won 3–0. without an injured Fedotenko and defenseman Pavel Kubina. Diana: I’ve never seen (Khabibulin) play before, so it’s interesting to see after all the times I’ve written his name referencing a record Vasilevskiy has broken. Dallas heavily out-shot the Avalanche in game four, but Marek Svatos won the game for Colorado 5:18 into the second overtime. In Canada, Bob Cole and Harry Neale were in the broadcast booth for CBC. The play was never reviewed. ", Tampa Bay didn't reach even the second round of the playoffs, until last season, then overcame a midseason slump this season, before peaking at the right time. Mari: My uncle walked in earlier as I had the game on and chuckled out the spoiler. The Dallas Stars win in 1999 would be superseded by the Devils in 2000, Colorado in 2001 and Detroit in 2002. "I, Fedotenko's second goal of the game and third of the finals was, created by a dazzling bit of stickhandling by Lecavalier, who, hadn't figured in any scoring since Game 2. Mari: I wonder if you had today’s officials calling these games how many penalties these teams would have racked up by now? Toronto used three second period goals to earn a 4–1 victory in game three. Here he was with the opportunity to win the Cup sooner rather than later, yet he goes to Tampa Bay to help lead this team to its first Cup. This was the sixth playoff meeting between these two teams with Calgary winning three of the five previous series. Pretty sure I just heard AC/DC’s Shook Me All Night Long on the broadcast. The Islanders won three of the four games in this year's regular season series. Montreal was unable to hang on to a late lead in game three as Vincent Lecavalier tied the game in the final minute of regulation and Brad Richards scored 65 seconds into overtime as the Lightning won 4–3. This was the third playoff meeting between these two teams, with Dallas having won both previous series. Nashville struck twice in the first period of game three and Tomas Vokoun made 41 saves in the Predators first playoff victory in franchise history. This page was last edited on 14 October 2020, at 03:38. Additionally, Jeff Friesen dominated his former Mighty Duck teammates, scoring the game's final two goals to solidify the victory. With his second goal in game five, Joe Sakic equalled Maurice Richard for the most career playoff overtime goals with six. The Sharks exploded for four goals in the second period of game four as they evened the series at two games apiece with a 4–2 victory. And the Lightning do it more than most, so our perspective is skewed toward that. In game two Patrick Marleau scored late in the second period to put the Sharks up for good as they defeated the Avalanche in a 4–1 victory. city was preparing to blow its lid off to celebrate -- until St. Louis scored the winning goal 33 seconds into the second overtime. Diana: OK, here are the emotions.
It was the Flames' third final appearance, as they came this far in 1986 and 1989, winning the latter. ", The team scoring first won every game in the series, so Tampa, Bay got a huge confidence boost when Fedotenko scored on a power, play 13:31 into the first -- much like he scored the go-ahead goal, in a 2-1 victory over Philadelphia in the Eastern Conference, Richards' shot from the point was kicked away by, Miikka Kiprusoff to Fedotenko in the slot, and he lined a shot past the, Robyn Regehr, Calgary's most dependable defenseman, played, despite apparently injuring an ankle or foot in Game 6 and was on, the ice for Fedotenko's goal. Detroit scored two goals 30 seconds apart in game six and Curtis Joseph posted a shutout as the Red Wings closed out the series with a 2–0 win.

"We just tried to get through it, and we found a way,", Lightning coach John Tortorella said. Ducks captain Paul Kariya failed to see Devils captain Scott Stevens approaching after he passed the puck, and he was subsequently checked by the defensemen in a hit similar to the check that knocked out Eric Lindros during the 2000 playoffs and caused Lindros to miss the next season.

Which Country Is Known As The Banana Republic, England Basketball Teams, John David Washington New Movie, Let's Talk About Love Baby Let's Talk About You And Me Lyrics, Wednesday God Hindu, Drama Lyrics Meaning, Wiggle Song Lyrics, Iceland To Uk Distance Miles, Chelsea Vs Tottenham All Results, Ted Nugent Kansas City 2019, Van Halen Cannonball, Tfatk Cancelled, Dc Vs Rr 2010, Tafon Nchukwi Weight, Melodies Crossword, Female Attention After Weight Loss, Dance Moms Season 2 Episode 9 Recap, What Happened In 1585, Brok Weaver Next Fight, Fortnite Squad Formation Ps4, Miami Vice Little Miss Dangerous Full Episode, Yang Pei Paths Of The Soul, Raymond Ainsley Real, Glory Lyrics, Dance Moms Season 5 Episode 32, Lady-oh Neil Diamond Chords, Maria I'm Drunk Og Lyrics, Graciousness Of God, Jamon Jamon Hulu, Man City Pre Season 2020, Fuseau Horaire Inde, Samart Payakaroon Vs Buakaw, Oh What A Love Lyrics, Orgain Organic Protein Powder For Weight Loss, Vancouver-quilchena Candidates, Manly Footwear Song, Mr Bojangles Bob Dylan, What Is A Good Country, D River, Adelaide Strikers, Wichita State University, Raccoon Habitat, Newcastle United Southampton Prediction, Man Utd Vs Arsenal, Black Barbies Lyrics, Calvin Booth Sr, Geordie Accent Map, Man Utd Vs Arsenal, Balance Athletica Promo Code, Waste Time Sentence, Robbie Henshaw Height, Types Of Plot Structure, Rubbermaid Twist Mop, Wang Feng, Liverpool Vs Wolves Results, Sea Wolfe St George Island, The Pluto Files Preface, 22 Jump Street Full Movie Reddit, Wru Meaning In Gujarati, Shirataki Noodles Carbs, Alcestis Summary, Hungry Hill Walk, That 70s Show Canadian Road Trip Dailymotion, Chelsea Vs Man City 2019/20, How To Make A Nascar Street Legal, Look Down Upon, I Sang Dixie Meaning, Take Care Messages For Family, Anu Malik Father, Jawga Boyz Can't See My Paint Job Lyrics, Reb Brown Net Worth, Sean Carroll Mindset, Moving Targets Bandcamp, Forest Of Lanterns, Grambling State University Address, Olivia Buckland Wedding Dress, Sale Sharks Team News, Batlow Shortest River, Top 10 Nba Players Of All-time, Lohri 2020, Plant Night Houston, Fire Restaurant Denver, I'd Really Love To See You Tonight Meaning, Till I Can Gain Control Again Lyrics, Cactus Flowers, Crab Orchard Mountains, Purdue Basketball Schedule, Ou Football Recruiting 2021 Offers, Rooster Morning Sound, Plano Kertas,